Veterans Still on Active Duty
Statement of Service:
Proof of service for veterans on active duty is a statement of service (SOS) signed by, or by the direction of, the adjutant, personnel office, or commander of the unit or higher headquarters they are attached to. There is no one unique form used by the military for a statement of service. While statements of service are typically on military letterhead, some may be computer-generated.
The statement of service must clearly show:
- the veteran’s full name
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- the entry date on active duty
- the duration of lost time, if any,
- and the name of the command providing the information.
Certificate of Eligibility (COE):
Proof of your VA Certificate of Eligibility. If you don’t have this, we can help you obtain it.
Leave and Earnings Statement:
Provide a Recent Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
Active Duty Certification:
For veterans who will use active duty income verified on a Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), lenders must certify that the veteran’s income will continue for at least the next 12 months.
Verification can take these forms:
- Proof of enlistment beyond a 12 month period
- Proof of re-enlistment
- A letter from a commanding officer stating that the veteran is re-enlisting, with a
documented number of years stated in the letter
When in doubt, please contact us at 925-395-4212 or email@example.com.